Friday, April 1, 2011
Letting Go!
I bet you thought I was going to say I have a hard time letting my girls go off to school again...no, I think I am used to that now...I do miss them when they are away, but glad they are getting an education. I have found over the years that I can't throw away too much stuff. I keep a clean house & am not like those people in that "Hoarders" show, but I can't seem to get my house organized. I used to "Spring Clean" every year, but with dealing with health issues over the past 8 yrs. I stopped doing all that "Spring" cleaning. I need someone to come in and say have you used this in the past 6 months or something like that. When your daughter looks around the house and just "sighs" then I really know that I need to get my house in order...maybe I would feel better about things when I know I have de-cluttered my house. Your suggestions are welcome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
leave me alone in your house for a few hours ;) i love to throw things away!
I am SO in the same boat! Except I do my best cleaning when I'm angry or defensive about it. And if anyone were to "help" me, it would turn out bad: I have this "don't rush me" attitude about it.
Take it one step at a time, 15 minutes at a time, so you're breaking it down into manageable steps. And don't stress over it.
Easy for me to say: I need to de-clutter too!! My two biggest fears are hoarding and obesity. GOOD LUCK! CALL ME if you need to!!
Let's plan a Saturday and I will be there. I move fast so be ready to tell me yes or no. Maybe we could involve Emily as well and we can crank it out quickly?
http://www.askannamoseley.com/ this blog has made me more motivated to clean! and she just started a spring cleaning two week series you can do along with her... I think it's a great idea!
here's an idea, pretend you are going to move. The last move you will make, and ask yourself with each item: Do I love it? and the motto should be Love it or Lose it! (yep going through this right now with my mother) It has helped me. (only don't do it all at once it is pretty overwhelming!)
Post a Comment