Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

It has been 6 months since my dad passed away..and every thing so far this year, that he hasn't been around for, has been very hard. To not see his name on the card my mom sends...so this Father's Day has been especially hard since he is not here. I really tried hard to be brave about today, but it really hit me later on this evening that I don't have him around to celebrate his special day. I know he is in such a better place now and I know he watches over us as we go through all of these firsts without him. He was a great dad, grandpa, brother, son & husband. Love you dad!

On another note....my girls have the BEST DAD ever! Now if they would remember to call and tell him that :) Love you Sterling for being such a great dad to our daughters...even though they are very forgetful lately ( have I said that enough yet). I know they think about you often and you are the one they ask for advice from...they love you and so do I!

1 comment:

Pam And Scott said...

What is it about kids these days!! They forget they have a brain, and if they remember they don't use it:) My kids had to be pushed a little to, to remember their Dad. I think they are close to the same age:)