Friday, October 31, 2008

Memories of Halloween.....

I thought I would ask all of you what you remember about Halloween growing up?

My memories of Halloween were store bought costumes, my mom knew how to sew really well, and I don't know why we didn't have homemade costumes....I remember being a duck. don't have any pictures though. Maybe it was easier on my mom to just buy them because there were two of us....I remember parading around in each classroom in elementary school, there would be this big long line, well it was big to me....all 75 of us. I thought this was cool that we then went up the stairs to the High School building and did our parading around in their classes, I thought no one knows who I am because I have a mask on. My brother & sister knew though. I would wave at them. We then had our class party and then went home. We weren't able to walk from door to door because we lived in the country, so we would get in the car and my mom would drive us around to different neighbors....we knew most of them, and some we did not. Some would make us do a trick for them, that was embarrassing to me. I was very shy back then.

So, please share your thoughts if you wish.

Happy Halloween

2 comments:

Flock of Lambs said...

I remember the elaborate parties we used to have at church! Yes, INSIDE the church! We would have pumkin carving contests, games, and families would decorate the different doors in the halls and we would go trick or treating "door to door" - it was GREAT fun! My mom made a lot of our costumes too. Some of the ones I liked the best were the bag of M&M's (Plain, not peanut), the blue crayon, among others. I also remember my mom making little pumkin goodies out of jello and marshmallows! Those were always fun to make.

Janeen said...

That is what I remember best too.... parties IN the church. I remember the costume contests and the trick or treating around the rooms. I also remember Sister Jeanie Davies ( was that her name??). She would bring her crystal ball and she would give fortunes in a dark room. It was pretty cool. And remember the haunted houses on the stage???
The costume I remember most was being the Stay-puff Marshmellow Man from ghost busters. Boy was that awkward now that I think of it... Kind of fun walking through memory lane, thanks.
Oh yeah,P.S.
Kel, I remember moms marshmellow/ Jello pumpkins too. Actually last year we made pumpkins and frankenstiens. They were the hit of the party.