Sunday, July 12, 2009
We are back
Sterling & I are back from girls camp...we had a good time, we kept super busy and we were exhausted every night. We were expecting some very hot weather, and what we had was in the mid 80's may a 90 day, but bareable when you are in the kitchen cooking, it did not get over 90 in the kitchen this year. It was a good week. We did get very cold at night, and of course we did not bring heavy blankets only thin ones and I nearly froze that night, if the sleeping bag that Sterling was sleeping in was a big one I would have crawled into it for warmth and he was on the ground and I was on a cot. I would have sacrificed my cot for a bit of warmth. The next day he drove into Placerville to an Army surplus store, his favorite store there, and bought us some wool blankets, that kept me somewhat warm the next few nights. All in all it was a great week. To end our week we were invited to attend the temple sealing of a friend of ours in the Sacramento Temple, we really enjoyed the day, the Sacramento Temple is beautiful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Although I love camping, I also hate being cold. So I have to have the thick-thick flannel lined sleeping bag (I think it's rated to 32-degrees), and it's two zipped together so if I'm cold, I snuggle with Todd. Todd also has bags rated for like 40-below for his winter scout campouts. There's nothing like being prepared!! Glad you enjoyed Camp.
Post a Comment