Saturday, May 15, 2010
Why do I have to get sick?
Here I am, early this morning, coughing so bad that I had to get up and go else where to cough so I wouldn't wake up Sterling. I haven't felt good for a month now, just thought it was the flu to begin with; then the coughing started...thought it was a cold...it didn't go away so thought it might be my allergies..but I have never coughed like this with my allergies. I called my Dr. on Tuesday of this week and he ordered a chest x_ray to be done plus blood work...went to Kaiser, and I was out of there in a half hour...record for me...it wasn't busy. My Dr. called me yesterday and said he didn't like the x-rays and said it was the start of pneumonia..I didn't think it would be that...so I am on antibiotics and taking my cough medicine with codeine. Funny thing is that I don't feel that sick...I have been tired but I rank that with not being able to sleep because of the persistant cough. I guess I should take it easy...rest...like that will happen. I know that I should rest. Does this mean I have to get a pneumonia shot this year..something to ask my Dr.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Take advantage of it Angie. There's nothing better than doctor's orders to rest, especially if you can catch up on your reading, movie-watching, and scrapbooking while resting.
Take it easy! Let me know if I can do anything for you!
Sorry that you aren't feeling good. It's probably good news that it's just the beginning of pneumonia, and not an advanced case.
Get lots of rest, and take advantage of the doctor's orders. ;)
Post a Comment