Thursday, April 28, 2011

Firsts...

I have been having a bit of a hard time with my dad passing and realized that when I received my Valendtine's Day card in February it only said Love Mom...as did my birthday card and Easter. I don't know why I keep these cards. This year will be alot of firsts for me without my dad. June will be a particularly hard month, with Father's Day, would have been my dad's 82nd birthday and would have been my parents' 60th anniversary. I knew this first year would be hard for me. I am grateful we have the knowledge of the gospel to know we will be together again.

Everyday I think about my dad, all good memories. A friend sent a picture of our home we grew up in in Oregon..and my dad would be happy to know that they have kept it looking nice.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Keep focusing on those good memories. And then make sure you share those memories with your girls, and write them down in your journal, too!

I know why **I** keep cards... because if something were to happen to the person who gave me the card, then I have the most recent card they gave me. I know it's kind of morbid, but there you have it.

Be sure to lose yourself in service! Hugs to you--
--Me

Pam And Scott said...

Your house was always kept so nice outside! I bet you are missing your Dad alot. He was a wonderful guy!